Copper is one of the most useful ores in the game (and real life too). It's required in every Data & Analysis upgrade, which in total needs 2.97k to fully upgrade. Copper (as of Nov 6th 2017) is the only ore that is significantly more common the lower you are. It's uncommon in the first 2 layers (light and dark stone) then as common as iron in the 3rd layer of stone (purple). Copper is also the main material used for the Copper Plate.
- IRL, Copper is a reddish-brown chemical element with symbol Cu and atomic number 29 on the Periodic Table of the Elements. It is a transition metal.
- Gold, Iron and Silver also have symbols based off of Latin. Gold (#79) is Au, from Aurum. Iron (#26) is Fe, from Ferrum and Silver (#47) is Ag, from Argentum.
- It is a soft, malleable and ductile metal and is used to make jewelry, conduct heat and electricity, make coins (especially pennies in the US) and serve as a building material.
- Copper was the first type of metal ever used by humans.
- due to copper being much more rare near the surface, of the ores needed for upgrades, it is considerably one of the hardest of the common ores for newer players to get for upgrades.